The Esplanade Lagoon reopened on 29 June following biennial maintenance.
Social distancing rules apply:
- Gatherings of no more than 100 people, in the Lagoon and on the parklands
- Maintain 1.5m from other people
- Practice good personal hygiene
Please note reduced opening hours. The Lagoon will close each day at 6pm.
- Thursday to Tuesday 6.00am to 6.00pm
- Wednesday 12.00pm to 6.00pm (closed for weekly maintenance until midday)
- Public holidays 6.00am to 6.00pm
Entry to the Lagoon is free. Toilet and shower facilities are located in the amenities block beside the Lagoon.
Lifeguards are on duty while the Lagoon is open. Wheelchair access to the Lagoon is available. For assistance please ask the Lifeguards.
The Lagoon is a 4800sqm salt water swimming facility that offers an all-year round, safe, swimming location without stingers and crocodiles. The Lagoon is filled with salt water from the Trinity Inlet which is filtered through a state-of-the-art filtration system.