Cairns Regional Council offers attractive benefits including competitive wage/salary rates and remuneration packages, generous leave provisions, access to facilities and services, corporate rates and memberships, as well as career development opportunities. Enjoy an exciting and rewarding career with excellent working conditions and benefits.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salaries including annual increments *
- Flexible working options including 9 day fortnights, 19 day months, part-time or job-share arrangements *
- 5 weeks paid annual leave with 17.5% loading *
- Paid parental leave *
- ability to purchase additional leave *
- overtime and time off in lieu *
- Uniforms provided or subsidised
- Generous superannuation up to 12%
- Relocation expenses *
- On-going personal and professional development opportunities
- Ability to take long service leave pro-rata after 7 years of service
* Conditions apply; some benefits are subject to eligibility criteria, operational requirements and/or work pattern.
- Above industry standards for workplace health and safety
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their families
- Fitness Passport offering discounted membership to selected gym and pool facilities
- Active social club
- Paid volunteering day
- Domestic and family violence leave provisions
- Ongoing personal and professional development opportunities
Lifestyle and financial
- Financial planning available through LG Super
- Corporate rates for private health cover
- Salary sacrifice provisions including novated lease and additional superannuation
- Study assistance (with approval)
Living in Cairns
Cairns is a friendly, safe and sophisticated international city, alive with charm and spirit. We have world-class schools and universities, health services, sporting and recreation facilities, and enjoy a wonderfully diverse range of community and cultural celebrations.
As the only place on earth where two World Heritage listed areas meet, Cairns is uniquely positioned as the international gateway to the pristine natural wonders of the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Rainforest. Our spectacular beaches, enviable tropical climate and unspoilt environment make Cairns one of Australia’s most popular holiday destinations.
Over 154,800 people reside in Cairns and this is one of Australia’s most vibrant multicultural cities. People from more than 35 nations choose to call Cairns home and we welcome more than 2.4 million visitors each year (about half from overseas).
The Cairns Regional Council area encompasses 1687 km2 of land on a narrow coastal strip between the Great Dividing Range and the Coral Sea. It extends from the Eubenangee Swamp (near Mirriwinni) in the south to the Macalister Range near Ellis Beach (just north of Palm Cove) in the north.
- Council has produced a handy guide to living, working and playing in the Cairns region. You can view an e-book version of the Living in Cairns guide online. Hard copies are available from Council's Customer Service Centre in Cairns and at all Cairns Library branches, or request a hard copy by phoning 1300 69 22 47 or email us at email@example.com.