As one of the world's most developed tropical regions, Cairns offers competitive advantages for investors, including:
- international airport and sea port with direct access to world markets;
- globally competitive tourism, marine, aviation and agriculture industries;
- gateway to Asia-Pacific markets with real potential for trade growth;
- robust, sophisticated business infrastructure;
- world-leading academic and research facilities;
- more than $20 billion of development projects in the pipeline.
Commercial Filming & Photography
The Cairns region is a spectacular location for photography and filming. Our unparalleled natural beauty, accessible locations, world-class infrastructure and film-friendly approach make Cairns the smart choice for your next photographic, movie, television or documentary project.
Local entrepreneurs will step into the spotlight to pitch their original ideas at Ideas After Dark – presented as part of Council's TNQ20 Business Excellence and Tropical Innov ...
Cairns Regional Council has been assured that more than $6 million will be injected directly into the local construction industry as part of the redevelopment of the Tobruk Memorial Pool.
Expressions of interest are now open for CBD businesses seeking dollar-for-dollar funding to improve the amenity of the Cairns city centre.
Public consultation is now open on the document that will guide growth and development in the Cairns region during the next 20 years.