As one of the world's most developed tropical regions, Cairns offers competitive advantages for investors, including:
- international airport and sea port with direct access to world markets;
- globally competitive tourism, marine, aviation and agriculture industries;
- gateway to Asia-Pacific markets with real potential for trade growth;
- robust, sophisticated business infrastructure;
- world-leading academic and research facilities;
- more than $20 billion of development projects in the pipeline.
Commercial Filming & Photography
The Cairns region is a spectacular location for photography and filming. Our unparalleled natural beauty, accessible locations, world-class infrastructure and film-friendly approach make Cairns the smart choice for your next photographic, movie, television or documentary project.
Cairns Regional Council and Tourism Tropical North Queensland (TTNQ) have jointly set their sights on the attraction and development of events to boost the region's tourism industry and local ec ...
Cairns Mayor Bob Manning has welcomed comments by Queensland Ports Minister Mark Bailey related to the dredging of Trinity Inlet.
Cairns residents will be invited to contribute to a discussion on the future look of the Cairns city centre and North Cairns, following Council's consideration of amendments to building height and ...
The world's best mountain bikers will tackle the Cairns terrain in the lead-up to the Rio De Janeiro Olympic Games in 2016.