As one of the world's most developed tropical regions, Cairns offers competitive advantages for investors, including:
- international airport and sea port with direct access to world markets;
- globally competitive tourism, marine, aviation and agriculture industries;
- gateway to Asia-Pacific markets with real potential for trade growth;
- robust, sophisticated business infrastructure;
- world-leading academic and research facilities;
- more than $20 billion of development projects in the pipeline.
Commercial Filming & Photography
The Cairns region is a spectacular location for photography and filming. Our unparalleled natural beauty, accessible locations, world-class infrastructure and film-friendly approach make Cairns the smart choice for your next photographic, movie, television or documentary project.
Mayor Bob Manning has praised the Cairns community for its contribution to a successful G20 Finance Meeting at the weekend.
Australian Federal Treasurer Joe Hockey will address the inaugural Future of Tropical Economies Conference (FTEC) prior to joining with representatives from the world's leading economies at the G20 ...
Council has endorsed the draft Cairns Region Planning Scheme and associated planning scheme policies and will now forward to the Minister for State Development, Infrastructure and Planning for appr ...
Next month's Future of Tropical Economies Conference (FTEC) is shaping up as the perfect precursor to the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting, with a line-up of high quality sp ...