As one of the world's most developed tropical regions, Cairns offers competitive advantages for investors, including:
- international airport and sea port with direct access to world markets;
- globally competitive tourism, marine, aviation and agriculture industries;
- gateway to Asia-Pacific markets with real potential for trade growth;
- robust, sophisticated business infrastructure;
- world-leading academic and research facilities;
- more than $20 billion of development projects in the pipeline.
Commercial Filming & Photography
The Cairns region is a spectacular location for photography and filming. Our unparalleled natural beauty, accessible locations, world-class infrastructure and film-friendly approach make Cairns the smart choice for your next photographic, movie, television or documentary project.
Council will support an application by the National Retail Association Limited, Union of Employers to extend trading in regional Queensland on 27 and 28 December 2015.
Council will support an amended Land Use Plan for the Cairns Airport.
The latest version of Council's Draft Planning Scheme will be submitted to the State Government for final approval, having endorsed the document at today’s Ordinary Meeting.
Five companies will be asked to formally tender for the construction contract to build the new Cairns Performing Arts Centre.