Under s46 of the Planning Act 2016, Council may provide, in limited circumstances, an exemption from a development application.
An application to Council is required. There is currently no fee for this assessment. At this stage, we are anticipating a 10 business day timeframe for processing exemption requests.
To lodge an exemption:
- Submit an Application for Exemption Certificate form ( PDF, 0.07 MB )
- Submit plans of sufficient detail, scale and quality to support the application
- Hard copy applications can be submitted at any of the Council service centres
- For electronic lodgements, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications CAN NOT be submitted via Development Applications Online
View the fact sheet on exemption certificates ( PDF, 0.12 MB ) for more information.