Development Application Online is a self-help service that allows you to lodge a Development Application or view and track applications at a time that is convenient to you without having to visit or contact Council.
Planning Act 2016
Please note that the Planning Act 2016 comes into effect on 3 July 2017. Applications lodged prior to 3 July 2017 will continue to be assessed under Sustainable Planning Act 2009 in accordance with sections 285-289 of Planning Act 2016.
References to the Sustainable Planning Act will be changed and updated to the Planning Act 2016 in due course. Information on the new Planning Act 2016 can be found at www.dilgp.qld.gov.au/planning-reform
Please note that the CairnsPlan 2016 was prepared under the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 and therefore refers to outdated terminology and categories of development. Please refer to the fact sheet on the CairnsPlan 2016 and the new Planning Act 2016 ( PDF, 0.32 MB ) for guidance on how to interpret the CairnsPlan 2016 from 3 July 2017.
DA Online: technical issues
Council's DA Online site is experiencing intermittent technical issues.
Uploading attachments with your application: Please combine all documents into a single file prior to uploading to our website. Ensure any password protection is removed from your file.
If you lodge an application but do NOT receive a confirmation email, please email your details to email@example.com as soon as possible to ensure that your application is processed in a timely manner.
- Cairns Regional Council provides an online DA lodgement and payment service to ensure continuity 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Council's online DA lodgement and payment service is for Cairns Regional Council only and does not include any State requirements or referrals (eg MyDAS).
- Acceptance of an application lodged via Council's online DA service may not constitute a properly made application. This is to be determined by Council during normal working hours.
- Cairns Regional Council ensures all new development applications are available online. However applications made prior to 1 January 2012 may not be available online.
- If you need help finding information on a Development Application that is not online please contact Council's Customer Service Centre on 1300 69 22 47.