Payment options

Council offers a variety of convenient payment options including online payments, Bpay, at Australia Post, by mail or in person, as well as Direct Debit arrangements (for rates and water).

Want to pay multiple accounts online? Go straight to the online payments shopping cart.

Opt-in to BPAY View for Rates and Water   

Online banking customers can opt in for BPAY View - a secure, paper-free way to receive and manage bills that avoids the risk of postal delays.

Using BPAY View means the ratepayer's bank will notify them as soon as a rate or water usage notice is there to be viewed.  Payments can then be made through a normal BPAY payment. BPAY View also offers payment reminders.

  • To register for BPAY View, you need to have first registered for internet banking with your financial institution. Using your unique BPAY Reference Number (this can be found on a previous rates or water usage notice), you can then add Cairns Regional Council to your BPAY View biller list.

Note: the BPAY View registration process varies from bank to bank. Contact your financial institution directly if you need help registering for BPAY View.

Receive your Rates and Water Usage Notices by email

You can register to receive your Rates and Water Usage Notices by email. You will need your assessment number/s to register.

Online Self Service

Use Council's Online Self Service tool to make payments at any time convenient to you. Most payments can be made without having to register, however a Logon Account is needed for transactions that require us to verify your identity for security or privacy reasons.

Even if you don't use services requiring a Logon Account, by applying for a Logon Account now, you can streamline your transactions as forms will self-populate with your recorded details. Your transaction history will also be recorded for future use.

Online payment refunds

To request a refund of a payment made via Council's online facility, submit the Rates and Water Usage Refund / Transfer Request form ( PDF, 0.13 MB ) and provide proof of payment.

Last updated: 08 February 2018