Enjoy an active lifestyle
Cairns is a great place to get outdoors and be active. There are a range of paths and cycle ways that allow you to explore this beautiful region at your own pace. Unless otherwise marked, the cycle ways are also walking paths.
We have some great off road tracks for cycling, but keep in mind when riding on the street that we all need to get along and share the road safely.
Recreational bicycle routes
If you'd like to try a new bike route in your area, we've got some easy-to-follow maps for you below.
- Brinsmead to Redlynch return 15.5km ( PDF, 0.83 MB )
- Freshwater/Lake Placid 14km ( PDF, 1.1 MB )
- Lake Placid 16km ( PDF, 0.81 MB )
- Redlynch 9.6km ( PDF, 0.67 MB )
- Edge Hill 10km ( PDF, 1.03 MB )
- Edge Hill 18km ( PDF, 1.1 MB )
- Edge Hill 20km ( PDF, 1.12 MB )
- Esplanade 4km ( PDF, 0.96 MB )
- Esplanade 10.2km ( PDF, 1.04 MB )
Cycling & Walking Network Implementation Plan: Map Portfolio
The following maps show the on-road and off-road networks throughout the Cairns region.