Sun 22 Sep 2019
Time: 11:00am - 8:00pm
Location: Shields Street
Category: Community event; Arts & exhibitions; Markets; Sport & fitness; Live music/concert; Workshop/seminar
Companion card: no
Join the excitement of Sunday on Shields this weekend for Dancing in Street, in Shields Street plus market stalls, and Zumba in the City at 4pm.
The seventh in an 11-week program, Shields Street will come to life from 11am to 8pm with a full program of entertainment that also includes free face painting, glitter art and jumping castle, and live music from atop Miss Nemo the Kombi.
Plus Cairns Museum will be open this Sunday from 10am to 2pm (fees do apply).
Those heading into the CBD are reminded there is free parking is available on-street and at the Lake Street multi-storey carpark on Sundays.
Sunday on Shields – Dancing in the Street
- 10am to 2pm: Cairns Museum will be open (fees do apply)
- 11am to 3pm:
- 11.00am Opening with the beat of the Japanese drums – Infinity Mugendia Inc
- 11.30am The stunning dance performance by the KL Performers will amaze
- 12.30pm Samba Performance and dance class – Cairns Latin Dance Club
- 1.30pm READY, SET, DANCE class for the little ones – Dance 2XS
- 2.30pm Eastern Indonesian dance and stunning tradition costumes - Cairns Indonesian Australian Association
- 11am to 3pm: Face painters and glitter artists
- 11am to 3pm: Disney jumping castle
- 11am to 4pm: Local hand-made Market Stalls
- 4pm to 5pm: Zumba in the City
- 5pm onwards: Live entertainment on Miss Nemo the Kombi
- Plus more acts and surprises
- Drum Infinity Mugendai is a multi-cultural initiative that primarily focuses around Japanese Taiko drumming based in Cairns Queensland
- KL Performance Industry will entertain the audience with their amazing moves and costumes and provide interactive time for all children to enjoy
- The Samba dancers from the Cairns Latin Dance Club are looking forward to performing for you in their feathers and glitter
- Bring the little ones down to have fun dancing with Dance 2XS in their exciting READY, SET, DANCE class
- For a multi-cultural treat the Indonesian Association will be performing the Poco-poco Dance and Gemu Famire Dance and parading a number of traditional dresses including the wedding costumes