Sun 25 Aug 2019
Time: 11:00am - 8:00pm
Location: Shields Street
Category: Community event; Arts & exhibitions; Markets; Sport & fitness; Live music/concert; Workshop/seminar
Companion card: no
Join the excitement of Sunday on Shields this weekend as The Mad Hatter Musical by TAFE, will be in Shields Street plus market stalls, and Zumba in the City at 4pm.
The Mad Hatter Mic Porter and his Mischievous TAFE Music Minions enchanting Shields St with solos, duos and ensembles delivering a Mystical Musical Tea Party of reggae, rock and soul through to swing and cool jazz.
Shields Street will come to life from 11am to 8pm with a full program of entertainment that also includes free face painters and glitter art, and live music from atop Miss Nemo the Kombi. Plus Cairns Museum will be open this Sunday from 10am to 4pm (Normal entry fees apply).
Those heading into the CBD are reminded there is free parking is available on-street and at the Lake Street multi-storey carpark on Sundays.
Sunday on Shields – Mad Hatter Musical by Tafe
- 10am to 4pm: Cairns Museum will be open
- 11am to 4pm: Local hand-made Market Stalls
- 11am to 3pm: Face painters and glitter artists
- 11am to 3pm: Mad Hatter Musical by Tafe
- 11.00am Mark Jordan
- 11.20am Gary & Tori
- 11.55pm Chermaine & Florence
- 12.30pm Jessie Lynch
- 1.20pm Naughty Corner
- 2.00pm Footswitch
- 4pm to 5pm: Zumba in the City
- 5pm onwards: Live entertainment on Miss Nemo the Kombi
- Plus more acts and surprises