Tue 31 Dec 2019
Time: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Location: Fogarty Park, Cairns Esplanade
Contact person: Ann Le Comte
Phone: 4044 3020
Category: Community event; Live music/concert
Companion card: no
Roaring into the 20’s theme
Crystalbrook Collection New Year’s Eve at the Esplanade is a massive event that brings a diverse crowd together to celebrate the start of another year in our beautiful city. This year's activities will offer an alcohol-free event that is fun and festive with a family-friendly atmosphere! As much as we want them to be part of the celebrations, please leave your dogs at home.
Family-friendly New Year’s Eve celebrations on the Cairns Esplanade will include children’s entertainment and rides, a fun run, and two fireworks displays. Celebrations will embrace the tropical climate with “wet weather-friendly” activities.
Prizes for the best dressed 'Roaring into the 20s' outfit - think either 1920's era or anything that roars!
- Free bus service will be offered between 12.30am to 1.20am, departing from Lake Street on Wednesday 1st January 2020. For more information visit the Sunbus website.
- Lake Street's multi-storey car park is free on NYE and New Year’s Day. It’s a secure, undercover car park, that operates 24/7. Fees apply from 8.30am on 2 January 2020.
Activities on the night include:
- 5:30pm - 9pm Fogarty Park = live band Dirty Sanchez, and a range of children's entertainment including rides, roving performers and an activity tent
- 7:00pm NYE Resolution Fun Run, starts and finishes at Fogarty Park - registrations open soon
- 9pm and midnight fireworks
We appreciate calls to cancel our New Year’s Eve fireworks and donate those funds to the drought and bushfire appeals.
Cairns Regional Council is contracted to have fireworks at this year’s event, and remains committed to providing the community with a New Year’s Eve festival that includes pyrotechnics.
Cairns NYE is one of the region’s biggest public events, attracting more than 20,000 people to the city and makes a significant contribution to the economy – many local businesses rely on this annual event.
Fireworks displays are an integral part of events throughout the world and the NYE event unites the community with a message of celebration and optimism for the year ahead.
In regards to safety, during the bush fire season, professional pyrotechnicians adhere to regulations and conditions set by the Queensland Rural Fire Service and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services. Risk assessments are a safety requirement and are conducted prior to the event and on the day of the event to assess all potential hazards and ensure measures are in place to prevent any harm to persons or property.Add to my calendar