Reviewing your event is an important stage as it allows you to reflect on the delivery of the event and assess whether the event was successful, what worked, what didn’t and identify areas for improvement.
Things to consider:
- Event debrief – a meeting of all involved in the event, both planning and on the day, to discuss anything they learned that could improve the way you run the next event. This process will help with your grant acquittal (if you received grant funding)
- Grant Acquittal – keep all quotes, invoices, receipts. You may be required to write a report on:
- how you think the event succeeded
- opportunities for improvement
- how many people attended
- entertainment supplied
- economic impact on the region
- sponsors and how they were involved
- marketing and promotions undertaken
- Sponsorship report - to show sponsors how their support benefitted the event and how the sponsors were acknowledged
- Thank you to Sponsors – if you want to keep your sponsors, make them feel special because of the assistance they provided. Send them a letter, do up a certificate, show them how their funds/support made the event better Start planning for next year if your event is annual.