Donate to spread cheer
The annual Mayor's Christmas Cheer Appeal raises funds to buy food hampers for local families and older members of our community who need a helping hand to help make their Christmas festive.
Your generous contribution will help to spread some Christmas joy to those in our community who need it the most this year.
You can also make a donation:
- over the counter with cash, credit card, cheque or money order at Council's customer service offices
- by posting a cheque or money order to Council at PO Box 359 Cairns QLD 4870. All cheques should be made to the Mayor's Christmas Cheer Appeal
Please note that NO FOOD OR TOYS can be accepted for the Mayor's Christmas Appeal.
Note: Any donations received after 1 January will be added to the following year's Mayor's Christmas Cheer Appeal target
To register your organisation as one where people can apply for hampers from the Appeal, please contact Niki Jones, Event and Marketing Officer on 07 4044 3386 or email@example.com
Hamper packing will take place at the Fred Moule Pavilion, Thursday 12 December 2019.
Thank you to the following 2018 donors for their significant support of the Mayor's Christmas Cheer Appeal.
Applying for a hamper
Council works with local charities and organisations to identify residents who are in need of some festive cheer. Please do not apply directly to Cairns Regional Council.
Confidential applications are taken by the following community support agencies:
- Act for kids (Bungalow) 4033 8500
- Anglicare Cairns Homeless Service Hub (Cairns) 4046 8050
- Cairns Early Years Centre (Edmonton) 4034 6800
- Carers Queensland (Cairns North) 4031 0163
- IJC Community Hub (Manunda) 40442029
- Hambledon House (Edmonton) 4044 3410
- Marlin Coast Neighbourhood Centre (Trinity Park) 4055 6440
- Mooroobool Hub (Mooroobool) 4052 2516
- Murray Street Hub (Manoora) 4052 2516
- Smithfield Community Mental Health (Smithfield) 4226 4871
- St Vincent De Paul Society (Cairns) 4032 0777
- The Salvation Army (Edge Hill) 4041 7229
- UnitingCare Community Family Intervention Service (Bungalow) 1300 096 203
- UnitingCare Child Adolescent Family counselling program (Manunda) 1300 096 203
- Uniting Care Birch street Hub (Manunda) 1300 096 203
- Uniting Care Family Support program (Manunda) 1300 096 203
- Uniting Care Newpin service (Freshwater) 1300 096 203
- Warringu ATSI Corp (Cairns) 4033 1900
- Womens Centre Cairns (Manunda) 4051 9366
- Wuchopperen Health Service (Manunda) 4080 1036