Donate to spread cheer
The annual Mayor's Christmas Cheer Appeal raises funds to buy food hampers for local families and older members of our community who need a helping hand to help make their Christmas festive.
Your generous contribution will help to spread some Christmas joy to those in our community who need it the most this year.
You can also make a donation:
- over the counter with cash, credit card, cheque or money order at Council's customer service offices
- by posting a cheque or money order to Council at PO Box 359 Cairns QLD 4870. All cheques should be made to the Mayor's Christmas Cheer Appeal
Please note that NO FOOD OR TOYS can be accepted for the Mayor's Christmas Appeal.
Note: Any donations received after 1 January will be added to the following year's Mayor's Christmas Cheer Appeal target
To register your organisation as one where people can apply for hampers from the Appeal, please contact Niki Jones, Event and Marketing Officer on 07 4044 3386 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hamper packing will take place at the Fred Moule Pavilion, Wednesday 11 December 2019.
Thank you to the following 2019 donors for their significant support of the Mayor's Christmas Cheer Appeal.
Thank you to the following prize donors
Applying for a hamper
Council works with local charities and organisations to identify residents who are in need of some festive cheer. Please do not apply directly to Cairns Regional Council.
Confidential applications are taken by the following community support agencies:
- Access Community Housing (Manubda) 4031 6702
- Act for kids (Bungalow) 4033 8500
- Aftercare (Cairns ) 0434 193 496
- Anglicare HomeStay Support Service (Parramatta Park) 4046 8070
- Anglicare Cairns Homeless Service Hub (Cairns) 4046 8050
- Anglicare Mental Health Carer Respite Service (Cairns) 4046 8058
- ARC Disability Services Inc. (Cairns North) 4046 3608
- Benevolent Society - Cairns Early Years Centre (Bentley Park) 4034 6800
- Cairns Sexual Assault Service (Cairns) 4031 3590
- Carers Queensland Ltd (Cairns North) 4031 0163
- IJC Community Hub (Manunda) 40442029
- Hambledon House (Edmonton) 4044 3410
- 3M Pride (Manoora) 0438 182 800
- Marlin Coast Neighbourhood Centre (Trinity Park) 4055 6440
- MaraWay Community Hub (Manunda) 4040 2099
- Mookai Rosie Bi-Bayan (Edmonton) 4081 7500
- Ruths Women's Shelter (Manunda)
- Smithfield Community Mental Health (Smithfield) 4226 4871
- Shelter Housing Action Cairns (Parramatta Park) 4080 7433
- St Vincent De Paul Society QLD - HomeStay Program (Cairns) 4040 6169
- The Salvation Army (Manunda) 4051 2454
- Thrive - partners in mental illness (Cairns) 4031 0877
- Warringu ATSI Corp (Cairns) 4033 1900
- Women's Centre FNQ (Bungalow) 4051 9366
- Wuchopperen Health Service (Manunda) 4080 1000
- Youth Empowered Towards Independence (Bungalow) 4051 4927