Cairns Regional Council's annual Australia Day Awards recognise citizens who have made a major contribution to the community.
This is your opportunity to nominate a friend, colleague or relative, someone that deserves recognition for their achievements and contributions to the Cairns community. Their contributions could be through their personal involvement in local clubs, sporting groups, volunteering, charity work, business, cultural or youth groups or those who take on an advocating role to speak up for their community.
Some things to include when telling us about your nominee:
- What contributions /achievements has this person made in their field of interest, community or group
- How have they has been recognized in the media, professionally or by receiving awards
- What achievements have featured in supporting material such as newspaper clippings
Nominations will close at 5pm on 7 December 2018
- Fields marked * are compulsory, other fields are optional.
- Nominations that are not completed in full or do not provide sufficient information may not be accepted.
- All nominees will be contacted to complete a series of questions that support their entry into the Australia Day Awards.
- Nominees are not eligible if you are a previous recipient of an Award in the same category; an elected representative eg MP, Councillor, a recipient of Australia and Imperial Honours or a member of the Australia Day Awards Sub-Committee.
- Council is collecting your personal information for processing your nomination for the 2019 Australia Day Awards. The collection of this information is authorised under the Local Government Act 2009. See Council's Information Privacy statement.