Lighting upgrade - Palm Cove
- Type of work: Lighting & Traffic Signals
- Suburb: Palm Cove
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 28/10/2019 to 12:00am 01/01/2020
- Description: Lighting upgrade works at the northern end of Williams Espl
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Williams Esplanade
- Status: Open
Lighting upgrade works are programmed for Williams Esplanade from Monday 28 October 2019.
This work involves installing 20 new light poles at the northern end of Palm Cove, from The Beach Almond restaurant north to the Jetty car park.
This will improve lighting for both the roadway and footpath areas. Existing old timber Ergon poles will be removed.
Works also involve switchboard upgrades and new power bollards for use during community events.
Works are expected to take approximately 6 weeks to complete, weather permitting, with the lights operational by the end of December 2019.
During construction, there may be noise associated with the works however, Council will minimise temporary inconveniences wherever possible. There may also be temporary pedestrian detours and car parking loss. Every effort will be made to reduce these disruptions during this time and we thank you for your patience and cooperation.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.