Water network upgrade in Kamerunga
Works along Harley Street (between Sandwich and Romney Streets) are underway and are almost complete. Works along Cowley Street are now complete.
- Type of work: Water Supply Works
- Suburb: Kamerunga
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 01/06/2020 to 12:00am 30/06/2021
- Description: A new water main is being constructed to the east of the Western Arterial Road between Kamerunga Road and Barron River.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Between Kamerunga Road and Barron River
- Status: Open
A new water main is being constructed and installed to the north east of the Western Arterial Road, between Kamerunga Road the Barron River. This work forms part of the overall strategy to provide improved reliability of water supply to the Cairns northern beaches.
Works will be undertaken in the following areas (in no particular order):
- In the parcel of land between Kamerunga Road and the end southern end of Fairweather Street.
- In the reserve behind the properties along Majestic Street.
- In Cowley Street (near Peace Lutheran School).
- In Harley Street.
- Along the Barron River toward the Kamerunga Road bridge.
These works will commence from June 2020 and are expected to be completed before June 2021, subject to favourable weather conditions. Working hours will typically be between 7am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday, and 7am and 1pm on Saturday. Any work being undertaken outside of these hours will be on an “as necessary” basis and nearby residents will be notified.
Construction noise, dust, and an increase in heavy vehicle movements associated with the work may be experienced during working hours, but will kept to a minimum where possible. Traffic management will be in place where construction activities affect vehicle and/or pedestrian movements. Residents should not expect any disruptions to their water services.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.
Should you require any further information in regards to the above work, please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on 1300 69 22 47.