Water main replacement in Bungalow
- Type of work: Water Supply Works
- Suburb: Bungalow
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 05/05/2020 to 12:00am 30/06/2020
- Description: Water main replacement works on Lyons Street (between Mulgrave Road and Scott Street roundabout) in Bungalow.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Lyons St (between Mulgrave Rd & Scott St roundabout)
- Status: Open
As part of Council’s ongoing water service improvement program, a water main is being replaced along a section of Lyons Street (between Mulgrave Road intersection and the Scott Street roundabout) in Bungalow.
Works will commence from May 2020 and are expected to be completed by the end of June, subject to favourable weather and site conditions.
Construction noise and some dust associated with the work may be experienced during working hours but will be kept to a minimum where possible. Traffic management will be in place where construction activities affect vehicle and/or pedestrian movements. There may be some impacts to parking on a progressive basis as the works proceed. Disruption to water services during this time may be experienced however directly affected residents will be advised.
Working hours will typically be between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday, and 7am to 4pm on Saturday. Should any after-hours work be required, it will be undertaken on an “as needed” basis.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.
Should you require further information in regards to the above work please contact Cairns Regional Council’s Customer Service Centre on 1300 69 22 47.