Spence Street footpath upgrade
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 17/06/2020 to 12:00am 10/08/2020
- Description: Footpath upgrade between Grafton St and Lake St
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Northern side of Spence St, from the driveway beside property no. 22 Spence St (Trademark Ink) to around the corner into Grafton St (Scene Hair)
- Status: Open
Improvement works are programmed for Spence Street to commence in the week beginning MONDAY, 15 JUNE 2020 (weather permitting).
- Replacement of kerb and channel and footpath renewal on the northern side of Spence St, from the driveway beside property no. 22 Spence St (Trademark Ink) to around the corner into Grafton Street (Scene Hair). Landscaping improvements will also be undertaken – this will include removal of one (1) small palm tree.
The existing footpath will be replaced with an exposed aggregate concrete finish.
Existing footpath infrastructure, such as signs and parking ticket machines, will be reinstalled in similar locations.
Works are expected to take approximately 6-8 weeks to complete (weather permitting).
There will be a need for the eastbound lane closest to the kerb to be closed at times during construction to accommodate pedestrian detours. Car parking bays will have to be temporarily closed and reopened when possible.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.