Shields St footpath upgrade
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 25/05/2020 to 12:00am 31/08/2020
- Description: Old pavers will be replaced with exposed aggregate concrete
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Shields Street (Sheridan St to Grafton St)
- Status: Open
The following footpath upgrade works are underway or being programmed to commence on Shields Street (between Sheridan St and Grafton St):
- northern side between Jimmy's Burgers and Arigato Mate - involves kerb and channel removal and replacement near Jimmy's Burgers, and footpath works outside Bon Chicken & Beer to Arigato Mate;
- southern side outside the Crown Hotel - works to start Monday 15 June 2020.
This work involves the removal of the old pavers and replacement with exposed aggregate concrete.
Car parking will be temporarily closed during works to provide adequate workspace for the construction crew and to accommodate pedestrian detours.
Working hours will be Mondays to Fridays from 7am to 6pm however week-end, early mornings and night works will also be required.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during the works program.