Annual manhole rehabilitation program 20/21
- Type of work: Sewerage Works
- Suburb: Cairns and surrounding areas
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 09/11/2020 to 12:00am 30/06/2021
- Description: Manhole inspections and maintenance works will be undertaken to existing sewer manholes across various suburbs of Cairns
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Various Suburbs Cairns
- Status: Open
As part of Council’s annual capital improvement program, manhole inspections and maintenance works will be undertaken to existing sewer manholes across various suburbs of Cairns to extend their usable life.
These works will commence from November 2020 and are expected to be completed by June 2021, subject to favourable weather conditions.
During these works, there may be some associated noise and dust during the working hours but will be kept to a minimum where possible. Traffic management will be in place where construction activities affect vehicle and/of pedestrian movements. There should be no disruption to water and sewer services.
Working hours will typically be between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday and 7am to 4pm on Saturday. Any afterhours work being undertaken will be on an “as required” basis.
Should you require further information in regards to the above work please contact Cairns Regional Council’s Customer Service Centre on 1300 69 22 47.