Sewage pump station upgrade in Redlynch Valley
- Type of work: Sewerage Works
- Suburb: Redlynch Valley
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 01/08/2020 to 12:00am 30/06/2021
- Description: New sewage pump station upgrade located in Freshwater Creek Reserve off Xavier Herbert Drive, Redlynch Valley
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Odours; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Redlynch Valley
- Status: Open
As part of Council’s ongoing sewerage infrastructure maintenance program, an existing sewage pump station (SPS RL2) located in Freshwater Creek Reserve off Xavier Herbert Drive, Redlynch Valley is to be refurbished. Works will commence in August 2020 and are expected to be completed by end of June 2021, subject to favourable weather conditions.
Construction noise and some dust associated with the work may be experienced during working hours but will be kept to a minimum where possible. Traffic management will be in place where construction activities affect vehicle and/or pedestrian movements.
There should be no disruption to water or sewer services during this time.
Working hours will typically be between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 7am to 4pm on Saturday. Any afterhours work being undertaken will be on an “as required” basis and nearby residents and/or businesses will be advised.
Should you require further information in regards to the above work please contact Cairns Regional Council's Customer Service Centre on 1300 69 22 47.
This project is a joint initiative of Cairns Regional Council and the Queensland Government.