Roadworks - Cairns Road
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Gordonvale
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 11/11/2019 to 12:00am 31/01/2020
- Description: Road safety improvements
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Cairns Road
- Status: Open
- Contact: email@example.com
Road safety improvements are programmed for Cairns Road, Gordonvale.
The upgrade works will include:
- Road widening of Cairns Road, from the Draper Road intersection to Norman Street, to allow room for cycling lanes;
- New 2 metre wide footpath on the southern side of Cairns Road, from Clarke Street to property no. 41 Cairns Road, and continuing around the corner into Healy Street to join with Sheppards Road;
- Sealing of all unsealed property driveways on Cairns Road from the traffic lane to the kerb and channel.
Footpath works are estimated to start by MONDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2019, weather permitting, with road shoulder sealing to follow.
Thank you for your patience during construction. For further information about this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This project is funded by the Australian Government’s Roads to Recovery program.