Redlynch Village intersection upgrade
- Type of work: Major Infrastructure Project
- Suburb: Redlynch
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 12/08/2019 to 12:00am 28/02/2020
- Description: Major intersection upgrade
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Kamerunga Rd / Redlynch Intake Rd intersection
- Status: Open
This project is approximately 25% complete. The following works are complete:
- Trenching for new water main on eastern and western sides of Redlynch Intake Rd;
- Trenching from the Red Beret across Kamerunga Rd towards the rail line for new water main;
- Trenching across Redlynch Intake Rd and Margaret St for new water main and stormwater;
- Connections to new water main.
The Kamerunga Road / Redlynch Intake Road intersection will undergo a major transformation this year.
This project aims to address road safety concerns for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists by providing an improved streetscape and village atmosphere within a low-speed environment.
Works will be staged to ensure pedestrian and vehicular access to the village zone can be maintained throughout construction.
Construction works are programmed to start from Monday 19 August 2019 and are estimated to be complete by February 2020, weather permitting. Preparation works will be underway from Tuesday 13 August 2019.
Temporary lane closures will be required and traffic delays are expected.
Noise and dust is also expected and car parking bays near the work sites will have to be temporarily closed at times. There will also be temporary disruptions to driveways at times.
The bus stop on the northern side of Kamerunga Rd will also have to be temporarily relocated approximately 70m eastwards.
Every effort will be made to reduce disruptions during this time.
Thank you for your patience during construction. For further information, please visit the Major Projects webpage .