Roadworks - Mill Road
- Type of work: New Road / Major Road Works
- Suburb: Edmonton
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 21/10/2019 to 12:00am 31/01/2020
- Description: Road safety improvements between the Mill Road / Ravizza Drive / Mount Peter Road and the Mill Road / Hambledon Drive / Wiseman Road roundabouts.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Mill Road
- Status: Open
The following road closures are programmed for Mill Road (near the Hartill Street intersection), weather permitting:
- Friday 10 January and Monday 13 January (7am to 6pm) - Westbound traffic on Mill Rd will be detoured via Mount Peter Road.
- Saturday 11 January and Tuesday 14 January (7am to 6pm) - Eastbound traffic on Mill Rd will be detoured via Marr Street.
The above road closures are required to allow road pavement repairs to be undertaken. Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions, and follow detours as sign posted.
Bus stops within this vicinity will be temporarily closed during this time – please use alternative bus stops. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Road safety improvements are programmed for Mill Road, between the Mill Road / Ravizza Drive / Mount Peter Road and the Mill Road / Hambledon Drive / Wiseman Road roundabouts, in Edmonton.
The upgrade works will include:
- Road widening to provide two 3.5 metre traffic lanes, with on-road bicycle lanes (existing Ergon poles on the northern side of the road will be relocated);
- Street lighting upgrades which involves installation of luminaires to existing poles and installation of additional light poles;
- Removal of the existing pedestrian crossing at Hartill Street and installation of a children’s crossing in front of the Hambledon State School;
- Provision of a pedestrian refuge crossing just east of Suhle Street;
- New right-turn lane for eastbound traffic turning into Suhle Street;
- Removal of the existing access to Stokes Street opposite Hartill Street;
- Construction of a 2 metre wide concrete footpath on the northern side of the road;
- Formalisation of the existing bus stops, including new bus shelters and DDA compliant platforms;
- Shortening of the existing cane rail line on the northern side to accommodate the new footpath and installation of safety fencing;
- Reshaping of table drains to accommodate the road widening.
Works will start on Monday 21 October 2019 and will take approximately three to four months to complete, weather permitting.
A general arrangement plan is provided on the Major Projects webpage.
Thank you for your patience during construction. For further information about this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.