Magazine St / Arnold St upgrade
- Type of work: Major Infrastructure Project
- Suburb: Stratford
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 10/02/2020 to 12:00am 31/12/2020
- Description: Major road improvement project for Magazine St and Arnold St, Stratford
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Magazine St
- Status: Open
Stage 1 works are approximately 85% complete. They include:
- water main relocations;
- drainage culvert upgrades near Greenbank Road intersection and near Barron Valley Gymnastics; and
- road pavement rehabilitation and road improvement works along Magazine Street and Arnold Street.
Stage 1 works are estimated to be complete by the end of August 2020. Traffic delays are expected during this time.
Water main relocation works will start within the Stage 2 work area at the end of July 2020. Stage 2 roadworks at the 5-way intersection will then continue after Stage 1 works are complete.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time and apologises for inconveniences caused.
A major road improvement project is due to start in Magazine Street (from Rinks Cl to Arnold St) from mid-February 2020.
Underground service relocations, kerbing, road pavement improvements, drainage, electricity and street lighting improvements will be undertaken.
Weather permitting, it is expected to take approximately 6 months to complete Stage 1 of the works program.
Stage 2 works (upgrade of the Magazine St/Greenbank Rd/Rinks Close 5-way intersection) are yet to be programmed.
During this work, please be aware of the following:
- lane closures will be required and traffic delays are expected, road closures/detours may also be required;
- car parks will have to be temporarily closed within work areas and re-opened when safe to do so;
- notice will be given if there are temporary access disruptions to property driveways;
- noisy works will be unavoidable and every effort will be made to reduce disruptions wherever possible.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Visit the Major Projects page for further project information.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. For further information, please call Council on (07) 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.