Centenary Lakes boardwalk replacement
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Edge Hill
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 28/03/2019 to 12:00am 30/06/2019
- Description: The Centenary Lakes boardwalk is being replaced.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust
- Location: Cairns Botanic Gardens / Centenary Lakes
- Status: Open
The 493 metre long Centenary Lakes rainforest timber boardwalk is being replaced with durable, low maintenance composite fibre materials.
The existing boardwalk is approximately thirty years old and much of the structural timber is deteriorated, requiring a full replacement. The boardwalk will be widened from one metre to two metres to improve accessibility and this will require some vegetation removal however this will be limited as much as possible.
The boardwalk is expected to re-open for use by July 2019.
Thank you for your patience during construction. For further information please email email@example.com.