Lake St footpath and kerbing upgrade
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 09/02/2020 to 12:00am 09/04/2020
- Description: Eastern side of Lake St, from Spence St towards Wharf St.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Lake St (Spence to Wharf)
- Status: Open
The following upgrade works are programmed for the eastern side of Lake St, from Spence St towards Wharf St:
- renewing the footpath, kerbing and driveway crossovers on the eastern side of Lake St, from the Golden Boat restaurant (34-40 Lake St) to Allure Hair Boutique (12-14 Lake St). The existing paved footpath will be replaced with an exposed aggregate concrete finish.
- modifying existing concrete islands on the road shoulder and undertaking new landscaping.
Existing footpath infrastructure, such as signs and parking ticket machines, will be reinstalled in similar locations.
Works are scheduled to start on Sunday, 9 February 2020 and are expected to take approximately 12 weeks to complete, weather permitting. Works will be undertaken in sections, starting at the southern end first (outside Allure Hair Boutique) and moving north.
Other details include:
- General working hours 7am to 6pm Mondays to Saturdays however there may have to be some work components programmed outside these hours where possible;
- Noise and dust is expected;
- Car parking bays near the work site will have to be temporarily closed to allow for pedestrian detours and work vehicles;
- There will be temporary disruptions to driveway access when new driveways and crossovers are being constructed;
- Temporary lane closures will be required at times;
- The bus zone outside the Golden Boat restaurant will be temporarily relocated once works progress in this area.
Every effort will be made to reduce disruptions during this time and we thank you for your patience and cooperation. Please review the concept plan ( PDF, 0.98 MB )for additional information.
If you have any concerns or would like further information about this project, please contact Council on (07) 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.