Lake St / Upward St Roundabout
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Cairns City
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 09/03/2019 to 12:00am 30/03/2019
- Description: Roundabout works at Lake St/ Upward St
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Status: Open
Unsuitable weather conditions has delayed this work. Asphalt overlay works aim to be completed on Saturday 16 March. Bicycle improvement works will follow.
Improvement works have been programmed for the Lake St / Upward St roundabout.
- Asphalt resurfacing - involves road closure on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 February from 7:00am to 5:30pm;
- Reducing the speed limit on the approaches to the roundabout to 30km/hr;
- On-road stencilling of bicycle symbols to advise all road-users that cyclists are encouraged to ‘take the lane’ and use the traffic lane to travel through the roundabout;
- Painting of chevrons around the roundabout to clearly define the traffic lanes – for use by vehicles and bicycles.
While works are underway, the roundabout will be closed to through traffic. Temporary U-turn facilities will be in place at each approach to the roundabout. There will be a temporary loss of car parking at this time.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions, and follow detours as sign posted.
Should you require further information please call 4044 3326 or email email@example.com