Car parking changes - Lake St
- Type of work: Car Park Works
- Suburb: Cairns North
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 27/05/2019 to 12:00am 10/09/2019
- Description: CBD parking improvement works on Lake St, between McKenzie St and Grove St.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Lake St (McKenzie to Grove)
- Status: Open
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Works have been programmed to start on Lake Street, between McKenzie St and Grove St, from Monday 27 May 2019, weather permitting.
Works will involve fomalising the kerbside parking bays and introducing centre median parking.
Once these works are complete, approximately 95 additional car parking spaces will be gained in this area of Lake St.
The changes will result in several street tree removals, however, new street tree planting will be undertaken to replace these trees.
Parking plans ( PDF, 1.76 MB ) are available for review.
While works are underway, noise, dust and lane closures are expected and it will also be necessary to temporarily close car parking bays. Access for local traffic will remain via traffic controllers.
Every effort will be made to reduce these disruptions during this time and we thank you for your patience and cooperation.
Weather permitting, it is expected to take approximately 12 weeks to complete all works.
For further information about this project, please call Council on (07) 4044 3326 or email email@example.com