Roadworks - Keirle Avenue
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Whitfield
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 18/02/2020 to 12:00am 20/04/2020
- Description: Road pavement rehabilitation, kerb and channel, and water main replacements
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Keirle Avenue
- Status: Closed
The following road improvement works are programmed for Keirle Avenue (from Hudson St to the Woodward St / Mona St / Heavey Crescent roundabout):
Type of work:
- Road pavement rehabilitation of traffic lanes;
- Asphalt overlay of traffic lanes and road shoulder and associated line marking;
- Water main replacement works along the western road shoulder - has been completed;
- New kerb and channel along the eastern side alongside the drainage reserve/parklands and road widening to allow room for a cycling lane - will be completed by Friday 3 April 2020.
Duration of works: Approx. 4 weeks to complete, weather permitting.
Road pavement rehabilitation works of traffic lanes are planned to commence Friday 3 April 2020.
This rehabilitation process will take approximately 2 weeks, weather permitting, to complete. During this time a full road closure will be in place during the day between 6.30am–5.30pm. Local access will be maintained via traffic controllers. After hours, the westbound lane will be open to one-way traffic. To ensure works can be carried out as scheduled, businesses and residents are asked not to leave vehicles parked in the street during the time of scheduled work.
Working hours: Mondays to Fridays 7.00am to 5.30pm, Saturdays 7.00am to 1.00pm if required.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions. Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.