Holloways Beach foreshore improvement
- Type of work: Major Infrastructure Project
- Suburb: Holloways Beach
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 17/10/2018 to 12:00am 30/06/2019
- Description: Works underway until June 2019
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Status: Open
Cairns Regional Council wishes to advise that construction works are due to start on the Holloways Beach foreshore from Wednesday 17 October 2018.
The upgrade includes:
- Improved parking on Casuarina Street
- Re-opening the Luke St intersection and creating a new one-way northbound access
- Construction of the Holloways Beach section of the Northern Beaches Leisure Trail
- New barbecues, shelters, playground equipment, lighting, landscaping and other improvements.
Works will start at the northern end of the foreshore and will work progressively to the southern end. The first stage of works will be the road works element, anticipated to be complete in 6/8 weeks, weather permitting. During this time, the site will be under traffic control. Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Vegetation removal has been avoided as much as possible however there are some trees to be removed on the esplanade foreshore for these new facilities. Trees proposed to be removed will be marked. The plan has been designed to retain the starling tree on Casuarina St.
Completion of all work is expected by the end of June 2019.
Thank you for your patience during construction.