Grafton Street - Footpath upgrade
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Cairns City
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 05/05/2020 to 12:00am 12/06/2020
- Description: Footpath upgrade works
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: 117 - 121 Grafton Street
- Status: Open
Footpath upgrade works are programmed for Grafton Street from Tuesday 5 May 2020.
This will involve renewing the footpath and kerb and channel on the western side from 117 to 121 Grafton Street.
During construction, there may be temporary disruptions such as noise and dust however, we will minimise inconveniences wherever possible.
There will be a need for the northbound lane closest to the kerb to be closed, at times, during construction to accommodate a pedestrian detour. We anticipate temporary access disruptions to property driveways while works are underway.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.