Draper Road / Fisher Road / Stanley Street roundabout
- Type of work: New Road / Major Road Works
- Suburb: Gordonvale
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 16/11/2020 to 12:00am 30/04/2021
- Description: A new roundabout will be constructed on Draper Road
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Draper Road
- Status: Open
A new single lane roundabout will be constructed on Draper Road, as shown on the below locality plan.
The project will include:
- Relocations of underground services (Telstra) and water main modifications;
- Under-boring for underground electricity supply;
- Electricity pole relocations and removals to allow road widening on the roundabout approaches;
- Regrading and shaping of embankments and associated road improvement works;
- Construction of new concrete medians and footpath connections; and
- New signage and line marking.
Construction works will be staged with all works expected to take approximately 4 - 5 months to complete, weather permitting.
The first stage of works to relocate underground services will start from MONDAY 16 NOVEMBER 2020.
During construction, a temporary side access road will be in place to allow two-way traffic flow. Pedestrian and cycling detours will also be required at times. A small site office will be established on the north-western side of the project site.
Minor delays may be experienced during the works program and we thank you for your patience. Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Vegetation removal has been minimised as much as possible however there are several street trees in the vicinity that will have to be removed.
The remaining connection of Fisher Road will be undertaken by the developer and the Department of Transport and Main Roads will be constructing the connection of Stanley Street, north to Castlereagh Street, as part of the Cairns Southern Access Corridor – Stage 3: Edmonton to Gordonvale project.
For further information, please email email@example.com.