Esplanade Stormwater Relining Program
- Type of work: Drainage Works
- Suburb: Cairns North
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 29/08/2018 to 12:00am 24/10/2018
- Description: Stormwater drainage maintenance works are scheduled
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Various locations near the Esplanade
- Status: Open
Stormwater drainage maintenance works are scheduled on The Esplanade at:
- Florence Street, between The Esplanade and Abbott Street
- Minnie Street, between The Esplanade and Abbott Street
- Upward Street, between The Esplanade and Abbott Street
- The volleyball carpark and courts, near the Kerwin and Abbott Street intersection
This work involves relining the underground stormwater pipes at the above locations. Stormwater relining is a trenchless technology used to rehabilitate existing underground stormwater pipes. It involves inserting a structural liner inside the existing pipe to improve its strength and functionality.
Site preparation will be commencing Wednesday 29 August 2018 with the works programmed to commence on Monday 10 September 2018.
At times, traffic control, alternative footpath routes and a loss of 2/3 car parking spaces will be required to accommodate these works.
Minor traffic delays, noise and dust are also expected however, these temporary inconveniences will be minimised wherever possible.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused for these necessary improvement works.
For further information, please call 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is funded by the Queensland Government’s ‘Works for Queensland program’.