Safety works - Des Chalmers Dve / Charlotte Cl
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Woree
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 13/01/2020 to 12:00am 29/02/2020
- Description: Cycling and pedestrian safety changes at the Des Chalmers Drive / Charlotte Close intersection.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Des Chalmers Dve / Charlotte Cl intersection
- Status: Open
Driveway access to the McDonalds restaurant via Des Chalmers Drive will be temporarily closed from 7am Tuesday, 14 January and re-opened on Wednesday, 15 January. Thank you for your patience.
To improve cycling and pedestrian safety in and around the Des Chalmers Drive / Charlotte Close intersection, a ‘Bicycle Awareness Zone’ will be introduced. These changes will include:
- reducing the speed limit on the approaches to the roundabout to 30km/hr;
- on-road stencilling of bicycle symbols to advise all road users that cyclists are encouraged to ‘take the lane’ and use the traffic lane to travel through the roundabout;
- modifications to existing concrete islands;
- modification and extension of existing off-road shared paths, including kerb ramps;
- construction of new shared path connection from the pedestrian crossing to the bus stop; and
- installation of regulatory signage including new NO RIGHT TURN signage to ban right-turn movements from the McDonald’s Restaurant access road to Des Chalmers Drive between 3.00pm – 4.00pm Mondays to Fridays.
Works are programmed to start on MONDAY 13 JANUARY 2020 and will take approx. 5 weeks to complete, weather permitting.
While works are underway, please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions, and follow detours as sign posted.
Council apologises for any inconvenience caused and appreciates your patience during these necessary safety improvement works. For further information, please email Council via firstname.lastname@example.org