Northern Beaches Leisure Trail - Clifton Beach North
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Clifton Beach
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 07/01/2019 to 12:00am 30/09/2019
- Description: A new pathway is being constructed along the northern foreshore of Clifton Beach.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust
- Location: Upolo Esplanade foreshore, Yule Ave to Delaney's Ck
- Status: Open
Construction works are approximately 70% complete.
Once the Delaney's Creek to the Upolu Esplanade cul-de-sac works are complete, the existing connection from Upolo Esplanade through the Argentea estate will be permanently closed to the public. This is expected to be late July 2019.
The completion of the elevated walkway section that will complete the pathway connection to the Endeavour Road intersection has been delayed and this component of works is now not expected to be complete until late September 2019.
Pathway works for the Clifton Beach foreshore are expected to commence on 7 January 2019, weather permitting.
The pathway will extend from Yule Ave in the south through to Delaney’s Creek in the north.
It will include:
- construction of a 3-metre wide shared pathway, finished with exposed aggregate concrete, running adjacent to Upolo Esplanade from Yule Ave in the south through to Delaney’s Creek in the north;
- construction of an elevated walkway at Delaney’s Creek to connect to the existing Argentea pathway; and
- installation of an elevated walkway adjacent to Deadman’s Gully, just north of Endeavour Rd.
Several trees will need to be removed to complete this project, however, tree removals will be minimised wherever possible.
Works are expected to be complete by June 2019, weather permitting.
Should you require further information or would like to provide feedback, please call 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.