Northern Beaches Leisure Trail - Clifton Beach North
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Clifton Beach
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 07/01/2019 to 12:00am 30/03/2020
- Description: A new pathway is being constructed along the northern foreshore of Clifton Beach.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust
- Location: Upolo Esplanade foreshore, Yule Ave to Delaney's Ck
- Status: Open
Construction works are approximately 80% complete.
The existing connection from Upolu Esplanade through the Argentea Beach Estate is now permanently closed to the public. Please use the new foreshore path connection at the north end of Upolu Esplanade.
The completion of the elevated walkway section that will complete the pathway connection to the Endeavour Road intersection has been delayed and this component of works is now not expected to start until January 2020.
Pathway works for the Clifton Beach foreshore are expected to commence on 7 January 2019, weather permitting.
The pathway will extend from the Endeavour Rd intersection through to Delaney’s Creek.
It will include:
- construction of a 3-metre wide shared pathway, finished with exposed aggregate concrete, along the Upolu Esplanade foreshore;
- construction of an elevated walkway at Delaney’s Creek to connect to the existing Argentea pathway; and
- installation of an elevated walkway adjacent to Deadman’s Gully, just north of Endeavour Rd.
Several trees will need to be removed to complete this project, however, tree removals will be minimised wherever possible.
Works are expected to be complete by June 2019, weather permitting.
Should you require further information or would like to provide feedback, please call 4044 3303 or email email@example.com.