Crystal Cascades improvement works
- Type of work: Car Park Works
- Suburb: Redlynch
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 06/10/2020 to 12:00am 31/01/2021
- Description: Car park, road and drainage improvements
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Redlynch Intake Road
- Status: Open
Project update - as at 23 November 2020
Please be aware that there is restricted access to the carpark approaches while road pavement works are in progress.
Thank you for your patience and please follow the guidance of traffic controllers.
The following Stage 1 improvement works will be undertaken at the Redlynch Intake Road approaches to the Crystal Cascades swimming / recreation area and within the Crystal Cascades carpark:
- regrading and shaping of embankments, and new retaining walls;
- road pavement rehabilitation and new kerbing on the Redlynch Intake Road carpark approaches;
- new stormwater drainage pits and renewal of stormwater pipes underneath Redlynch Intake Road and through the carpark;
- additional parallel car parking bays along the roadway and a new bus set-down/parking area;
- new CCTV camera surveillance; and
- new footpath connections through the carpark and irrigated garden beds.
Works are programmed to start on MONDAY 2 NOVEMBER 2020.
During construction, the facility will remain open however, there may be temporary car park access disruptions. Lane closures will also be required and short delays may be experienced.
Council will minimise inconveniences wherever possible. Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Stage 2 works involve constructing a new entrance feature and this work will occur after the above Stage 1 works are complete. This work includes new porphyry paving, new pedestrian entry gate and service gate, signage and rock clad entrance walls.
This project is funded by the Queensland Government’s “Works for Queensland Program”.