Balaclava Road improvement works
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Earlville
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 23/09/2019 to 12:00am 30/12/2019
- Description: Improvement works for Balaclava Rd
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Balaclava Road
- Status: Open
- Contact: email@example.com
Remedial works are required on sections of the northern side of Balaclava Rd from Irene St towards Watson St on MONDAY 2 DECEMBER 2019 – 9.00am to 5.30pm. Road closure required with detour via Mansfield Street.
Patching and asphalt overlay works will commence in the Mestrez St to Watson St section on the following dates, weather permitting:
- From WEDNESDAY 4 DECEMBER 2019 – THURSDAY 12 DECEMBER 2019 – 7.00am to 5.30pm. Road and lane closures required.
Detours will be in place with traffic control for local access only.
Footpath works will commence from MONDAY 9 DECEMBER 2019.
Further improvement works are planned for Balaclava Road from Monday 23 September 2019, weather permitting.
This project will be constructed in stages. The first stage of works will be within the Yarrum Street to Mulgrave Road section.
Residents will be advised at a later stage once construction timeframes are confirmed for the remaining blocks (ie. Yarrum Street to Watson Street).
This project will include the following components:
- Kerbing, footpath and safety improvements
- Road improvements including pavement upgrade and line marking
- New street trees
- Street lighting
The below plan provides further information.
During construction, lane closures will be required. There will also be temporary disruptions to property driveways and car parking however, we will minimise inconveniences wherever possible. Road closures may also be required during the works program.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.