Intersection safety works - Balaclava St / Irene St intersection
- Type of work: Footpath & Cycleway Works
- Suburb: Earlville
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 24/06/2019 to 12:00am 31/07/2019
- Description: Intersection safety improvements
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control
- Location: Balaclava St / Irene St intersection
- Status: Open
The following improvement works are being undertaken at the Irene St / Balaclava Rd intersection:
- Construction of off-road shared paths and kerb ramps on the western corner of Irene St and the southern side of Balaclava Rd;
- A new pedestrian refuge in the centre median of Balaclava Rd; and
- Associated line marking and signage.
Vegetation removal will be required to enable these changes to be made however this will be minimised as much as possible. Replacement street tree plantings will also be undertaken.
Works are programmed to start during the week of 24 June 2019, and are expected to take approximately three weeks to complete, weather permitting.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
This work will be carried out on the above date/s however if weather conditions are unsuitable, the works will be reprogrammed. To ensure works can be carried out as scheduled, businesses and residents are asked not to leave vehicles parked in the street during the time of scheduled work.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.