Abbott Street roadworks
- Type of work: Water Supply Works
- Suburb: Cairns city
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 30/09/2020 to 12:00am 31/01/2021
- Description: Water main replacement and road pavement works
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Abbott St (between Aplin St and Shields St)
- Status: Open
Patching of the water main trenching will be completed by 20 November.
Road pavement rehabilitation and asphalt overlay works, on the southbound traffic lane between Aplin St and Shields St, has been postponed until the new year.
Council appreciates your continued patience and cooperation during these works.
The following improvement works are programmed for Abbott Street from WEDNESDAY 30 SEPTEMBER 2020, weather permitting:
- Type of work: (1) Water main replacement works along the eastern road shoulder, from Aplin St to Shields St; (2) Road pavement rehabilitation/asphalt overlay of southbound traffic lanes, from Aplin St to Shields St.
- Approximate Duration: Approx. 3 weeks to complete water main works; approx. 2 weeks to complete road pavement works, weather permitting (Mondays to Fridays 7am to 6pm, Saturdays 7am to 1pm)
During works, expect temporary lane closures, noise and dust however Council will keep disruptions to a minimum wherever possible. Car parking bays in the vicinity of the work site will also have to be temporarily closed at times. Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Road pavement works will be carried out once water main replacement works are complete (to occur approx. November 2020).
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time. For further information, please call (07) 4044 3326 or email email@example.com.