Roadworks - Veivers Road
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Palm Cove
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 03/08/2020 to 12:00am 01/10/2020
- Description: Road pavement rehabilitation, asphalt overlay of roadway and kerb and channel replacement
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Odours; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Veivers Road, Palm Cove
- Status: Closed
- Final pavement seal is programmed for Monday, 21 September 2020 (weather permitting)
- New kerb and channel on the southern side, from 63 to 53 Veivers Rd, is complete and road pavement improvement are nearing completion.
- Kerb and channel replacement on the northern side, from the Captain Cook Hwy to the eastern side of the Cowrie St intersection, are on hold.
- Kerb and channel replacement on the southern side, from 53 Veivers Road to the Talpa Close, will occur late September / early October 2020 - construction dates yet to be confirmed.
The following improvement works are programmed for Veivers Road from Monday 3 August 2020, weather permitting.
Type of work:
- (1) New kerb and channel on the southern side, from 63 to 53 Veivers Rd;
- (2) Kerb and channel replacement on the northern side, from the Captain Cook Hwy to the eastern side of the Cowrie St intersection; and
- (3) Road pavement rehabilitation and an asphalt overlay of the roadway.
Approximate Duration: Approx. 6 weeks to complete (weather permitting), 7am – 5pm
During construction, temporary road closures may be required.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions, and follow detours as sign posted.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.