Various Locations - Sewer Pump Station Upgrades
- Suburb: Babinda Edmonton Cairns City Brinsmead Freshwater Redlynch
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 12/12/2017 to 12:00am 30/06/2018
- Description: sewer pump station lid upgrades various locations
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Odours; Traffic Control
- Status: Closed
As part of Council’s ongoing service improvement program scheduled works to upgrade Sewer Pump Station Wet Well and Valve Pit Lids will be taking place at various locations across the region. The sewer pump stations are located in Babinda, Edmonton, Cairns City, Brinsmead, Freshwater and Redlynch.
The upgrading of the wet well and valve pit lids will reduce the workplace health and safety risks identified at these sites. These improvements will reduce the risk of a fall, the proposed project replacing current lids with a modern design incorporating inbuilt fall prevention devices such as grates, rails and gates. The project will also reduce the lid lift weight to below 20kgs which will reduce the risk of strain injuries.
The works are scheduled to commence in mid December and are expected to be completed by late June 2018, subject to favourable weather conditions.
As a result, nearby residents may experience minor disruptions including traffic movements, noise and dust disturbances during the works period. The work should have no direct impact on sewerage services.
The location of the sewer pump stations is as follows:
- ED1 SWALLOW ROAD, EDMONTON
- J GRAFTON STREET, CAIRNS CITY
- BM1 BRINSMEAD ROAD, BRINSMEAD
- FW1 MELLER STREET, FRESHWATER
- RL1 KAMERUNGA ROAD, REDLYNCH
- B2 HOWARD KENNEDY DRIVE, BABINDA
- B3 BOULDERS ROAD, BABINDA
- B4 HARWOOD DRIVE, BABINDA
- B5 POLLARD ROAD, BABINDA
Working hours for this contract shall generally be:
- Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday, 7:00am to 4:00pm
- Sunday & Public Holidays, Nil
Please be assured that any inconvenience will be kept to an absolute minimum where possible.
Should you require any further information please contact Customer Service on 1300 69 22 47