Swallow St road closure
- Type of work: Road Closure (Full/Partial)
- Suburb: Mooroobool
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 08/10/2019 to 12:00am 21/12/2019
- Description: A 3 month road closure is required to undertake drainage culvert replacement works.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Swallow Street, between Callum St and Cochrane St
- Status: Closed
Construction works are complete and the road will be reopened on Friday 20 December 2020.
Drainage works are programmed for Swallow Street in Mooroobool.
This work involves removal and replacement of the drainage culvert underneath the road, between Callum St and Cochrane St, as the existing culverts are deteriorated.
The new culverts will be widened to include:
- a 3-metre wide off-road cycleway on the western side (Koppen Park);
- on-road cycle lanes; and
- a 2-metre wide concrete footpath connection on the eastern side.
To undertake this work will require a full road closure for approximately three months, weather permitting. However, pedestrian and cycling access will be permitted during this time.
At this stage, works are expected to start Monday 23 September 2019.
Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions, and follow detours as sign posted.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Should you have any further enquiries or require additional information, please contact Council on (07) 4044 3303 or email email@example.com.