Sewerage infrastructure investigation works
- Type of work: Sewerage Works
- Suburb: Porsmith
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 17/08/2020 to 12:00am 01/09/2020
- Description: Survey and geotechnical works for a proposed sewage pump station and sewage pipe are underway in Hartley and Brown St, Portsmith.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust
- Location: Hartley and Brown Streets
- Status: Closed
As part of Council’s ongoing wastewater service improvement program, investigation works (survey and geotechnical) are underway for a proposed sewage pump station (R5) and connected sewerage pipe along a section of Hartley and Brown Street, Portsmith.
Works will commence from mid-August 2020 and are expected to be completed by early September 2020, subject to favourable weather and site conditions.
Construction noise and some dust associated with the work may be experienced during working hours but will be kept to a minimum where possible. Traffic management will be in place where construction activities affect vehicle and/or pedestrian movements. There will no disruptions to sewerage services during this time.
Working hours will typically be between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday. Should any after-hours work be required, it will be undertaken on an “as needed” basis and nearby businesses will be advised.
Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.
Should you require further information in regards to the above work please contact Cairns Regional Council’s Customer Service Centre on 1300 69 22 47.