Sewer works at Lily Creek and Clarkes Creek
- Type of work: Sewerage Works
- Suburb: Cairns
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 01/10/2019 to 12:00am 30/04/2020
- Description: Sewer main replacement works at aerial crossings at Lily Creek and Clarkes Creek
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust
- Status: Closed
A sewer main replacement is programmed for the aerial crossings at the following locations across Cairns:
- Lily Creek, Charles Street, Cairns
- Lily Creek, Upward Street, Cairns North
- Clarkes Creek, Ishmael Road (Ishmael Road Park), Cairns
These works will commence from January 2019 and are expected to be completed by the end of April 2020, subject to favourable weather conditions.
Construction noise and some dust associated with the work may be experienced during working hours but will be kept to a minimal where possible. Traffic management will be in place where construction activities affect vehicle and/or pedestrian movements and residents will be notified directly regarding any disruptions to sewer services. Council appreciates your patience and cooperation during this time.
Working hours will typically be between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 7am to 4pm on Saturday. Any afterhours work being undertaken will be on an "as required" basis.
Should you require further information in regards to the above work please contact Cairns Regional Council's Customer Service Centre on 1300 69 22 47.