Roadworks - Scott Street
- Type of work: Drainage Works
- Suburb: Bungalow
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 01/04/2019 to 12:00am 30/04/2019
- Description: Drainage culvert replacement between Edgar St and Wellington St
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Scott St, between Edgar St and Wellington St
- Status: Closed
Update on Works - Scott St road closure
To allow the installation of new drainage culverts, a full road closure is required from:
- 6:00AM SATURDAY 13 APRIL to 6:00PM SUNDAY 14 APRIL 2019
During this time, please follow detours via Hannam St / Spence St / Edgar St.
The following extended working hours may also be required to ensure that the road can be reopened to traffic on Monday morning, 15 April 2019:
- Saturday 13 April - 6.00am to 9.00pm; and
- Sunday 14 April - 6:30am to 7.00pm
Council thanks you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Culvert replacement works are programmed for Scott Street from Monday 1 April 2019.
This work involves removal and replacement of the drainage culvert underneath the road which is located between Wellington St and Edgar St.
To undertake this work will require:
- Relocating the water main that currently runs alongside the drain near the guardrails and trenching of the new alignment;
- Temporary closure of car parks on the road shoulder on the eastern side of the drain for approximately one (1) week;
- Full road closure over one (1) weekend to allow installation of new drainage culverts – dates to be confirmed;
- Installation of a footpath over the drain on the northern side of the crossing.
Traffic control will in place during the works program, with lane closures and delays expected. Please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. All works are expected to take approximately four (4) weeks to complete, weather permitting.
For further information, please call Council on (07) 4044 3303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.