Roundabout works - Gatton St / Severin St
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Parramatta Park
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 14/05/2019 to 12:00am 31/05/2019
- Description: Roundabout improvement works.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Property Access; Traffic Control; Road Closure
- Location: Gatton St / Severin St roundabout
- Status: Closed
- Contact: email@example.com
Improvement works are programmed for the Gatton St / Severin St roundabout from Tuesday 14 May 2019, weather permitting.
Works will be undertaken on Mondays to Fridays from 7:00am to 5:30pm. Saturday / Sunday works may also be necessary.
This work involves the introduction of a ‘Bicycle Awareness Zone’ (BAZ) which includes:
- Reducing the speed limit on the approaches to the roundabout to 30km/hr;
- On-road stencilling of bicycle symbols to advise all road-users that cyclists are encouraged to ‘take the lane’ and use the traffic lane to travel through the roundabout;
- Changes to existing footpaths and construction of new shared path;
- Installation of traffic islands and painting of chevrons around the roundabout to clearly define the traffic lanes – for use by vehicles and bicycles.
A lighting upgrade has also been programmed for this roundabout in the near future.
While works are underway, please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions, and follow detours as sign posted.
Council apologises for any inconvenience caused and appreciates your patience during these necessary safety improvement works.
Should you require further information please call 4044 3326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wet weather has postponed this work. New dates will be advised when they are confirmed.