Stormwater drainage works
- Type of work: Drainage Works
- Suburb: Cairns North
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 14/08/2017 to 12:00am 30/11/2017
- Description: Stormwater drain maintenance works on the Cairns Esplanade
- Likely impacts: Noise
- Location: Various locations
- Status: Closed
Stormwater drainage maintenance works are scheduled for the following locations over August/September 2017:
- Smith Street (Lake Street to Esplanade parklands);
- Esplanade parklands (north of the Helipad);
- Esplanade parklands (north of the Hospital carpark);
- McKenzie Street (Lake Street to Esplanade parklands);
- Charles Street (Lake Street to Esplanade parklands).
This work involves maintenance of the underground stormwater pipes that run underneath the roadways and parklands to the outlet at the foreshore. Maintenance works will include:
- taking video footage of the pipes to determine their present condition;
- high pressure water cleaning of the pipes to clear them of any blockages (ie. silt/rubble); and
- inserting a structural liner inside the pipe to improve its strength and functionality.
Working hours on Mondays to Fridays will be from 7am to 4pm and on Saturday mornings from 7am to 1pm. Noise disruptions will be limited as much as possible.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time. For further information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.