Roadworks - Ramsey Dve / Sailfish Cl / Teraglin St
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Kanimbla
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 23/03/2020 to 12:00am 23/04/2020
- Description: Cycling safety works at roundabout
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Ramsey Dve / Sailfish Cl / Teraglin St
- Status: Closed
The following ‘Bicycle Awareness Zone’ improvement works are planned for the Ramsey Dr / Sailfish Cl / Teraglin St roundabout from MONDAY 23 MARCH 2020 (weather permitting):
- Reducing the speed limit on the approaches to the roundabout to 30km/hr;
- On-road stencilling of bicycle symbols to advise all road-users that cyclists are encouraged to ‘take the lane’ and use the traffic lane to travel through the roundabout;
- Changes to existing footpaths and construction of new shared paths;
- Installation of traffic islands and painting of chevrons around the roundabout to clearly define the traffic lanes – for use by vehicles and bicycles.
While works are underway, please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions, and follow detours as sign posted.
All works are expected to take approximately 4 weeks to complete.
Council apologises for any inconvenience caused and appreciates your patience during these necessary safety improvement works.
Should you require further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.