Proposed safety improvements - Earl St
- Suburb: Westcourt
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 17/12/2020 to 12:00am 18/01/2021
- Description: Proposed street safety improvement works
- Location: Earl St, between Tills St & Lyons St
- Status: Closed
Council is proposing to undertake street upgrade works to help improve road safety in Earl Street, between Tills Street and Lyons Street.
As shown on the concept plan ( PDF, 0.67 MB ), the proposed changes include:
- sealing of unsealed road shoulders between Tills Street and Lyons Street;
- line marking to formalise 90 degree car parking bays on both sides of the street;
- introducing a sealed shared path between the kerb and car parking bays on both sides of the street; and
- planting of new street trees.
This treatment would provide a footpath alternative between major facilities in this area (eg. DFO shopping centre and Cazaly’s Stadium) and it is used in streets where it is difficult to construct a standard 2m wide concrete footpath. Similar arrangements can be seen in Newell St (Bungalow), Endeavour Rd (Clifton Beach), Swallow St (Mooroobool) and Varley St (Yorkeys Knob).
If you would like to provide comment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (07) 4044 3326 by MONDAY, 18 JANUARY 2021.