Roadworks - Paradise Palms Dve
- Type of work: Minor Road Works
- Suburb: Kewarra Beach
- Work period (anticipated): 12:00am 25/03/2019 to 12:00am 08/04/2019
- Description: Roundabout safety works.
- Likely impacts: Noise; Dust; Traffic Control
- Location: Paradise Palms Drive
- Status: Closed
Bicycle safety improvement works will be undertaken on all roundabouts on Paradise Palms Drive.
Works include asphalt resurfacing to the Paradise Palms Dve / Reef Dve / Boulevard North roundabout commencing Monday 25 March for approximately 3 days, weather permitting.
Line-marking works on remaining Paradise Palms Dr roundabouts will follow.
To improve cycling safety, this work involves the introduction of a ‘Bicycle Awareness Zone’ (BAZ) which includes:
- Reducing the speed limit on the approaches to the roundabout to 30km/hr;
- On-road stencilling of bicycle symbols to advise all road-users that cyclists are encouraged to ‘take the lane’ and use the traffic lane to travel through the roundabout;
- Painting of chevrons around the roundabout to clearly define the traffic lanes – for use by vehicles and bicycles.
While works are underway, please observe and obey traffic controllers and signs advising the changes to normal traffic conditions, and follow detours as sign posted.
Council apologises for any inconvenience caused and appreciates your patience during these necessary safety improvement works. Should you require further information please email email@example.com